- The PurSteam Steam Cleaner is a steam mop that uses hot steam to clean hard floors.
- The steam is generated by a built-in boiler, and it can reach up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The steam is released through the mop head, which is made of microfiber.
- The microfiber mop head traps dirt, grime, and bacteria, and the steam helps to loosen and remove them from the floors.
- The PurSteam Mop is safe to use on all sealed hard floors, including tile, laminate, vinyl, and hardwood.
PurSteam Mop Review
Here are some of the pros and cons of PurSteam Steam Cleaner and Mop.
- Effective at cleaning hard floors
- Uses steam, so it is chemical-free
- Safe for all sealed hard floors
- Easy to use
- Long cord for reach
- Steam Blaster feature for tough stains
- Removable water tank for easy filling and cleaning
- 360-degree swivel head for easy maneuvering
- Durable construction
- Reported more maneuverable and powerful during use than the Bissell Steam Cleaner Mop, while being 30% cheaper in price
- Can be noisy
- Smaller reservoir means refilling more often
- Full-steam capability lasts only 12 minutes, or 25 minutes at the lowest setting at a time
- Steam can be hot, so you need to be careful
- Mop head can be difficult to clean
- Cord is not long enough to use in multiple rooms without an extension cord
- Some customers complained it broke within a year or 2 of regular use
- Not as effective as a traditional mop and bucket for deep cleaning
Overall, the PurSteam Mop is an okay option for people who want an effective and chemical-free way to clean their hard floors. It is not as effective as a traditional mop and bucket for deep cleaning, but it is a good choice for everyday cleaning.
Features/Attachments of the PurSteam Mop
- The mop comes with a variety of attachments, including a grout brush, a furniture glider, angled nozzle, and a window squeegee, just to name a few
- The mop has a 12.8-ounce water tank, which is enough to clean about 300 square feet of floor space.
- Turn it on and it’s ready to start steam cleaning in 30 seconds.
Here’s where you can check out actual reviews on Amazon for the PurSteam Mop and Steam Cleaner.
PurSteam Mop and Steam Cleaner Conclusion
My opinion? I could be wrong but I believe you can get a similar styled mop for $25/unit if you buy in bulk. That means the price has been marked up about 3x, putting it in the $75 – $100 range.
My personal opinion is that this type of steam cleaner/mop/handheld will ultimately disappoint someone looking to get a floor/furniture cleaner with as many great-sounding options.
In reality, it’s probably a bunch of plastic stuff that is way smaller and lasts not as long at the manufacturer says, since you can basically buy this model off the manufacturers’ website in China and slap your own sticker on it.
Everyone’s bought something that might have been too good to be true. However, there are enough solid 4-star reviews out there from real people that the PurSteam might just be a solid addition to your own cleaning regime, especially if you live in an apartment or smaller, non-traditional space.
I hope this helps!