- The Hoover Steam Mop is a steam mop that uses hot steam to clean hard floors.
- The steam is generated by a built-in boiler, and it can reach up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The steam is released through the mop head, which is made of microfiber.
- The microfiber mop head traps dirt, grime, and bacteria, and the steam helps to loosen and remove them from the floors.
- The Hoover Steam Mop is safe to use on all sealed hard floors, including tile, laminate, vinyl, and hardwood.
Hoover Steam Mop Review
- 10-in-1 all-purpose cleaner
- Effective at cleaning hard floors and more
- Uses steam
- Comes with several different attachments for a wider range of cleaning applications, like cleaning a messy stove top or cracks in the tile
- Easy to use with 2 cleaning pads included
- Removable, hand-held steamer built into the unit
- A little on the heavy side for seniors and elderly
- Steam can be hot, so you need to be careful with the handheld
- Mop head can be difficult to clean
- Not as effective as a traditional mop and bucket for deep cleaning
- Cord placement on unit has been described as a little strange
- Taller people might have to bend over, and one person complained their back hurt as a result
Overall, the Hoover Steam Mop is a good option for people who want an effective and chemical-free way to clean their hard floors and more. The extra attachments are handy for the finer, more complex jobs that need detailed care. The handheld can be a little dangerous if you’re not paying attention, as the unit is still very hot, so you shouldn’t grow complacent while using it.
Additional Features of the Hoover Steam Mop:
- The mop comes with a variety of attachments, including a grout brush, a furniture glider, and a window squeegee.
- The mop has a 16-ounce water tank, which is enough to clean about 200 square feet of floor space.
- The mop comes with a 2-year limited warranty.