Keeping your home clean makes sense, but people are busy, and at the end of a long workday or workweek, the last thing you want to do is devote several hours to scrubbing or cleaning (though it’s not a bad workout, admittedly).
And, as if I needed any more excuses to put off finally cleaning up around the house, I learned this: The phrase “cleanliness is next to godliness” is not actually found in the Bible.
Nevertheless, I decided to look into the benefits of keeping the home clean, just as a reminder of all the extra benefits, and to motivate myself to finally get it done!
Benefits of a Clean Home
A clean home is a happy home! That’s why it’s important to make cleaning a regular part of your routine. Not only does it make your home look and smell better, but it can also improve your mental and physical health.
Benefits of a Clean and Tidy Home on Your Life
- Reduced stress levels: Clutter can be a major source of stress, so decluttering your home can help you feel more relaxed and at peace.
- Improved mood: A clean and organized home can boost your mood and make you feel more positive.
- Better sleep: A clean bedroom is essential for a good night’s sleep. When your bedroom is cluttered and messy, it can be difficult to relax and fall asleep.
- Increased productivity: A clean and organized home can help you be more productive. When you’re not constantly tripping over clutter or trying to find things, you can focus on the task at hand.
- Improved health: A clean home can help reduce your risk of allergies, asthma, and other health problems.
Need some more motivation? According to Forbes, cleaning your home releases endorphins!
Tips for keeping your home and bedroom clean
- Set a schedule: Decide how often you want to clean your home and stick to it. This could be once a week, twice a week, or even daily.
- Delegate tasks: If you have kids or roommates, get them involved in the cleaning process. This will help everyone feel more responsible for keeping the home clean.
- Make it fun! There are lots of ways to make cleaning fun. You can listen to music, watch a movie, or even invite friends over to help.
No matter how you choose to do it, keeping your home and bedroom clean is important for your mental and physical health. So get started today and enjoy the benefits of a clean and organized home!
Additional tips to help organize your life, and your outlook
- Make your bed every day. This simple task will make your bedroom look and feel more inviting.
- Put away your clothes after you wear them. This will help prevent clutter from building up.
- Take out the trash regularly. This will help keep your bedroom smelling fresh.
- Dust and vacuum your bedroom regularly. This will help remove dust mites and other allergens.
- Declutter your bedroom on a regular basis. This will help you create a more relaxing and peaceful space.
- Do the job right the first time. This is not an attempt at shaming. Many folks simply do not know that you should sweep before you mop. Some people need to access YouTube to learn how to put gas in their car. There’s nothing wrong with learning how to do the job right to save yourself time and get a stellar result!
Need some inspiration? How about a new cleaning toy to try out and see your home sparkle like new.
Top 10 Mops and Floor Cleaners
Conclusion: Keepin’ It Clean, Your Home, That Is
Today, the phrase “cleanliness is next to godliness” is often used more figuratively than literally. It is not meant to suggest that cleanliness is a requirement for salvation or that it will make you a better person. However, it can still be seen as a reminder that cleanliness is important for both our physical and spiritual health.
Here are some of the many health and wellness-improving benefits of cleanliness:
- Reduces the risk of disease: Cleanliness can help to reduce the risk of spreading germs and contracting diseases.
- Improves self-esteem: Feeling clean and well-groomed can boost your self-esteem and make you feel more confident.
- Increases productivity: When you are clean and comfortable, you are more likely to be productive and focused.
- Attracts positive relationships: People are more likely to be drawn to those who are clean and well-groomed.
- Creates a positive environment: A clean and tidy environment can be more pleasant and relaxing.
Overall, cleanliness is an important part of maintaining good health and well-being. It is not a requirement for godliness, but it can be seen as a way to show respect for yourself and others.
By following these tips, you can keep your home and bedroom clean and inviting.
And if that makes us more Godly in the process, then cool.