Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug Killer is a popular over-the-counter product that is designed to kill bed bugs and their eggs. It is a ready-to-use aerosol spray that can be applied to furniture, carpets, and other surfaces where bed bugs may be hiding.
- It is a fast-acting spray that kills even the toughest bed bugs (pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs) and their eggs.
- It can be used as a spot treatment to kill bed bugs you see and in the places where they hide, such as around bed frames, mattress seams, and baseboards.
- It also kills fleas and ticks.
- It is available in a 1-gallon bottle with a Comfort Wand attachment, which makes it easy to get into hard-to-reach areas.
- It is important to follow the directions on the label carefully when using this product.
The product contains a pyrethroid insecticide, which is effective at killing bed bugs on contact. Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug Killer is also relatively inexpensive, making it a good option for budget-minded homeowners.
Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug Killer Review
- It is effective at killing bed bugs, even those that are resistant to other pesticides like pyrethrins.
- It is easy to use and can be applied as a spot treatment/contact killer
- It is available in a large bottle, so you can treat a whole room or apartment.
- Ortho claims there will be a 14-day residual effect in areas where you spray.
- Some customers are very happy with the results after a few treatments.
- It is a pesticide, so it can be harmful to humans and pets if not used properly.
- It has a strong odor that can linger for a few days.
- It may not be effective against all bed bug infestations, since some customers report seeing bed bug nymphs (tiny, transparent bed bugs in infancy) weeks after spraying, so it did not eliminate the eggs.
Should you get Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug Killer?
Overall, Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug Killer is a good option for killing bed bugs. However, it is important to use it carefully and follow the directions on the label to avoid any health risks.